Friday, October 22, 2010

Break time

Paypal takes forever to verify your account. When it "says" 2-3 days. They really mean a week. This is why I have had to try to verify it three times now. I forget to check after the 5th day whether or not two cents was added into my account. So much for the "instant verification" working.

The clay mold of Lock's mask is officially done. We started putting ultra cal on it last night, but the new clay that Monster Makers has, doesn't like the ultracal sticking to it. Eventually, it started sticking but then we were having problems with the burlap. As I ran out of the burlap from MM, I bought a little bit from Joann Fabrics thinking that it would work the same. Burlap is burlap, right? Well, I was wrong. The pieces just wouldn't stick. We had to pull off two burlap pieces soaked in ultracal just because they wouldn't stay on. I think it might have to do with smaller holes in this particular burlap. The burlap from MM has wider holes (if anyone even knows what I'm talking about >.<). So, I just have to make do and work with it. Boyfriend is supposed to be adding more once he gets out of work.

Awww, how cute

I just have to paint the dice and they will be finished. My dress is coming along nicely. All I need is a zipper, now. Though my spool of thread is running out. I hope it doesn't run out before I finish-I have enough things to buy as it is.

I told you before that we already know what we are doing for next years Comic Con. Well, here it is-Sephiroth and Jenova. We already found the most *amazing* tutorial to make wings. It's going to cost a lot of money. But it will be well worth it in the end-as long as it doesn't interfere with this cruise I want to go on!

I won't really be doing any work on the costumes until Sunday. Today and tomorrow I need to get out of the house! I'm kind of sick of being hunched over a sewing machine all day. Tomorrow, I'll be going to the Eastern State Penitientary for their Halloween tour. I know I will get scared, but I'm hoping I see something cool idea-wise.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home