Thursday, October 14, 2010

And since I am dead, I can take off my head

Last night was more mask work! This time for Halloween costumes, though. I poured the latex into the Shock mold and started work on Lock's clay mold. However, this might be difficult since I no longer have an armature. Even if I order it now, I wouldn't have it before Halloween. So I'm kind of building the mold directly off of my face. I'm not sure how well this process will work but I really have no other ideas. Thus far, it doesn't look too bad. I'll show a picture tomorrow since right now it just looks like a mound of clay.

I also did some work on Barrel's mask. I started putting some gesso on it to help smooth it out, but for the teeth, I need a dremel (according to boyfriend) to help sand them down. Apparently, it would just be easier that way.

I watched Howl's Moving Castle for the billionth time last night. It's such a beautiful movie (book is great, too!) And it gave me an idea: one day I want to make a cosplay of Howl and Sophie! How cute would that be! Of course, Howl will have to have wings and I prefer the yellow dress Sophie wears at the end of the movie. But I think that people may not recognize Sophie then, since it only shows that dress for a few seconds. It really isn't a crazy cosplay idea but I really love the movie.

Finally, I just want to say that I am selling Silent Hill Nurse masks and American Mcgee's Mad Hatter masks. They would both look like the ones that were worn during the con. 
I realize I didn't have any up of the Mad Hatter. This was the final product.

Unpainted, they will both go for $60. This does not include shipping. If you want them painted, it will be $75. If you are interested, email me and we can talk about it. Again, I can do custom work as well but this will be postponed until I obtain an armature.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home