Tuesday, October 5, 2010

I think Daedalus had more time

Three days to go, now and of course, I ran out of ultracal last night. Luckily, I have an amazing boyfriend who got his dad to pick some up in the city. Yay! I would not have made that drive by myself. I suck at being a passenger in the city, I always cringe anytime a car gets too close. I shut my eyes most of the time. As if that would stop an accident from happening.

It's still early in the day, and I can't really do much since I have work until four. But I did manage to sculpt out the skull to go on my Alice bow. It looks pretty good, I think.

It's so cute, I want to hug it!

I cut the pieces to start putting the bow together, but I have to use the sewing machine. That is going to be a nightmare. I still haven't mastered it, but practice makes perfect so I guess I'll have to continue to work at it! Last time, I tried making a dress and it just came out all sorts of messed up. Who tries making a dress when they have never even touched a sewing machine before, though? Clearly, I'm nuts.

I went to an ACTUAL costume shop yesterday! Not just one that pops up around Halloween time. It was in Keyport and the women working there were fantastic! They were so friendly and helpful-I can't wait to go back! It was like (here comes the cliche) being a kid in a candy store. I wanted everything. We had to settle on three tubes of cream Mehron makeup and white gloves, though. Can't buy it all! I have never used theatrical make up before but I did my research and found Ben Nye and Mehron were two of the more popular ones. The Costume Shop didn't carry Ben Nye, which is just as well because I know its more expensive. We tested the makeup out later that night and it looks so good! I can't wait to put it to the test on Friday!

Speaking of Friday, Voltaire was just announced as a musical guest! Ooh, I'm excited! I may not know all of his songs, but I love, love what I've heard. Hopefully, I don't get lost trying to find the room he is playing in.

Last thing to add: I called the customer service line for Comic con today. I needed to ask about the weapons policy because it states that no metal is allowed. But we need to bring in spoons. When I asked the woman if spoons were allowed, she got really quiet and then started laughing hysterically. I'm pretty sure I made her day with that question. She said they should be okay and if anyone says anything, say we stole them from the cafeteria. Win! =D

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home