Monday, October 4, 2010

Where does time go?

Four days until comic con and I have nothing complete! Nothing like waiting until the very last minute, even though I tried not to. It probably didn't help that we decided to go on Friday last minute and going on Friday meant another costume for both of us. This all meant that the weekend was very busy!

Well, the Shock mask got completely covered in ultra cal.



Then had to bake it in the oven so that the clay would melt a little bit. The last mask I made had all sorts of clay stuck in nooks and it was a pain in the ass getting it all out. So imagine my surprise when I pried this off of the clay:

The boyfriend is so cute ^.^


And this is what the clay looked like.

It looks pretty good. Sure, the nose melted a little bit into the point, but hey that is ten times better than the last time I did this.

With the mold of Shock's mask done, that freed up the armature to finally begin work on the Mad Hatter! That took up all of Sunday. Literally. From ten am until eleven pm I was at work, molding, shaping and cutting. I panicked in the beginning because I thought it would be too hard for my amateur skills, but once I did the ear, I thought it came out pretty well. After that, everything kind of fell into place. However, I realized that I wouldn't be able to do the other ear without crushing the one I had already done.

I love this!!! =D

So after a lot of molding, I opted to ultra cal one side of the head so that I could work on the other. You can see some of the ultra cal work in the picture and also the deatil of the mouth area. At first, instead of wrinkles on the bottom it looked like more teeth. But after more shaping it started coming together. The picture was taken before I finished up with the mouth, though.


Well, other than all that mask work. Boyfriend helped with some sanding down of Barrel's mask. it got kind of hard because of all of the individual teeth. It took forever to even find some decent sandpaper, too. That's what happens when you have an unorganized garade. Ah well.

The base for my Alice dress came in but alas, it was too big! Again, panic set in but boyfriend was there to come to the rescue. He went right out and found a smaller one. Which means I have part of my dress! Yay!

Still, there is so much more to do. Absolutely nothing is done and I don't even think I have enough ultracal to cover the mask. Needless to say, stress will be running high this week!

2 Comments:

At October 5, 2010 at 9:30 AM , Blogger Fickle Cattle said...

I think it's looking pretty good, but what do I know?

I am Fickle Cattle.

 
At October 6, 2010 at 11:58 AM , Blogger FallofIcarus said...

Thanks! It's coming along slowly, but surely!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home