Thursday, October 7, 2010

I could have been on TV

My neighbors across the street have had video cameras and crew puttering about their house for the past few days. I finally found out yesterday what it was for. Apparently TLC is coming out with a new show called "Clean Slate." It's similar to Extreme Home Make Over (I love that show). A guy was going around the neighborhood, asking if people would like to stand on the front lawn for the unveiling of the house (this is how I found out what it was for). Unfortunately, I wouldn't be home at the time of the shoot. Oh, well.

Yesterday was hectic. Simple as that. I don't even know if I could form the amount of frustration I had into words. We went to a bunch of different stores looking for leggings for me, an outfit (which I finally found in a swim suit store), and something to use for my Marill tail. Either places didn't have anything, or they were out, or another store carried it. By the time we got back to the house, we needed to get the ultracal off of the clay. The back part came off well enough. Too bad neither one of us thought about the armatures ears or jaw when we set the ultracal in the front part.

Because we couldn't get it off.


We completely destroyed the pan it was in. We heated it so much that a piece of the plaster armature broke off. So boyfriend got the brilliant idea to drill at the armature until we could get it all out. While it seemed like a good idea at the time, when it was 2 am and it still wasn't completely out, I didn't like the idea anymore.

While he was chipping away at the plaster, I was messing with the latex colorants. I've never used them before, and they didn't actually come in just green. So I had to order blue and yellow. I used to much blue at though, because I had to use practically the whole bottle of yellow to get it lighter. Again, practice makes perfect.

I also set to work on his teapot. We bought a cheesy plastic one from Toys R Us but its covered in a bunch of pink hearts. So I had to use sand paper to sand the hearts away.

A little after 2 he got all of the armature out and we set to the excruciating task of removing all of the clay. We melted the clay a little and went after it with damp paper towels, q tips and sponges. We used the clay tools for areas we couldn't reach but it was a tedious process and took 2 hours. When it was all cleaned out to the best of our ability, we duct taped the two pieces together and began dumping the latex in. There were a few holes in the seams of the two pieces where it started seeping out but that eventually stopped. I was dumb and dumped the excess latex out into the crappy pan instead of back into the jar of latex. So a lot of it was wasted. I really need to think things through before I do them.

Well, comic con is tomorrow and neither one of us has a complete outfit yet. The agenda for today? Start and finish work on my ears and tail, find blue leggings and shoes, buy spoons and attach said spoons to a black shirt which we have yet to buy. So yeah, this is going to be another late night probably.

1 Comments:

At October 7, 2010 at 1:10 PM , Blogger Fickle Cattle said...

Wow. Good luck. It seems you have your work cut out for you.

I am Fickle Cattle.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home