Wednesday, October 20, 2010

It's a process

Boyfriend and I have been hard at work with our Halloween costumes. Unfortunately, we didn't buy enough burlap for his Oogie Boogie get-up. We want to double up on the fabric, but I guess he is taller than I thought-or I can't do math. It's probably the latter. I get dumber the longer I am out of school.

Burlap made boyfriend die.

I also started work on my dress. I bought glittery pink fabric for it. I know what she wears isn't glittery, but I wanted to pretty it up a bit. In retrospect, it was probably a bad idea because the fabric I bought just keeps fraying and it's pretty annoying.

My mom is helping me with reading the pattern this time around. So far, I have the top part of the dress (without sleeves done) complete, and it doesn't look terrible. I am a little nervous that I will mess up the sleeves though, because they are supposed to be puffy sleeves. I can't do anything without it getting messed up, so I am just waiting. It will happen soon.

I've also been working on Lock's mask. So far, all that is left is to finish up the teeth and to smooth it out. I just hope that it is going to fit right, since I'm not using an armature. I'll keep my fingers crossed!

It looks pretty good!!


We also made dice for Oogie Boogie. They look really good and I do plan on making a mold so that I can make multiple for other people! It's just something cool to have.

Looking back, all of that doesn't seem like much. It's only four things, really. But it takes up a lot of time! Especially sewing when you don't even know how to use the sewing machine right. (I did learn that there is a button that makes the needle go backwards. This whole time I thought you were just supposed to push it backwards).

I'm hoping that tonight we will finish something. Four costumes need to be made in less than two weeks!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home