Saturday, October 16, 2010

Half way there

As we speak, Boyfriend is learning the difficulties of working with oven-baked clay. He's trying to make the dice that Oogie Boogie carries around. So we bought some Sculpey (they were the only ones that had the red that we really wanted), and now he is trying to work with it for the first time. It is actually pretty hysterical. It breaks off and doesn't go together as easily as he thought it would so he is kind of complaining. And now all he wants is a rolling pin. I took one part from him just to even it out so that it wasn't all cracked. Had to make his life a little easier.

Anyway, so I peeled the latex off of the mold I made for Shock last night. Originally, the nose was still wet so it was a different color. I got pretty paranoid that it was going to stay like that but after drying more over night it became uniform.

It's not a great picture, kind of makes it look like a blob
I started cutting the eyes out but I'm doing it little by little so that I don't mess up. We took a dremel to Barrel's mask, or rather, Boyfriend did. I just watched. Then we put some more gesso on. It's starting to come together, but we still need to keep sand papering it to even it out. It has to be perfect because that is just the type of people we are.

Last thing, I have this new brilliant idea and I really can't wait to put it up! It kind of combines my love for writing, costume making and living in a fantasy world. It might take a few weeks to finally finish the first segment, but I'm hoping it doesn't because I'm impatient. =) I hope you'll enjoy it when I finally put it up!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home